Start anywhere in the series. Each person reads for 1 chapter or until they are too drunk to continue. The first chapter you read will be Starter Level, when you move to the second chapter, a new person will read aloud and all rules of Starter Level will apply as well as the rules of Quest Level, and so on and so forth until all 20 rules apply. Making it through 4 chapters is considered a success. You can play with more than 4 people by splitting into smaller reading increments.
1. Every time the phrase “six hundred pounds” is used to describe Guenhwyvar, take a drink
2. Every time someone uses magic or an enchanted item, take a drink.
3. Every time Jarlaxle smiles or laughs, take a drink.
4. Every time Drizzt gets sad about someone or something dying, take a drink.
5. Every time the reader struggles to pronounce a name, reader only takes a drink.
6. Every time Drizzt makes a watery heavy-handed remark about the surface vs. the underdark or light vs. dark in general, drink.
7. Every time someone’s accent is spelled out phonetically in their dialogue, drink.
8. Every time a character suffers an injury, drink.
9. Every time the word “companion” is used, drink.
10. Every time the reader must do a dwarvish accent, reader only takes a drink.
11. Every time a non-weapon piece of equipment a character owns is mentioned, drink.
12. Every time a vaguely sexual comment is made, drink
13. Every time a drow name with an apostrophe in it is read, drink
14. Every time a deity is referenced, drink
15. Every time the reader laughs while reading, reader only takes a drink.
16. Every time somebody is racist, drink
17. Whenever a weapon is mentioned by its proper name (Twinkle, Aegis-Fang) drink
18. Every time Artemis Entreri is angry about something, drink
19. Every time a character consumes food or drink, take a drink
20. If the reader should come upon one of Drizzt’s first-person blurbs, reader must finish their drink, then read that segment.